Sunday, April 7, 2013

They marked me down for 10 o'clock

They marked me down for ten o'clock.
Not eight. Or nine. I had a lock.
I walked in early, per routine,
And signed the sheet; I knew the scene.

They put me in a little room,
I checked my watch, began to fume.
Ten minutes passed, and then ten more;
No doctor walked in through the door.

When sixty minutes' time had passed,
The doctor came! Oh, joy! At last!
I fixed her with a steely stare,
As she walked in without a care.

"My time's as valuable to me,
As yours to you, and it's not free."
She blushed, and muttered an excuse,
In fact, her reasons were profuse.

Exam time came again this year;
I thought I'd made my point quite clear,
But nothing changed, and she was late;
She held me up and made me wait.

If I were tardy, I would hear
Some silly nonsense hit my ear.
They'd try to charge a penalty;
How unsurprising that would be!


2 comments:

  1. Boy this hit home, my daughter just texted me from the clinic where she was told her she had a 2 hour wait. I know it's sunday, but still.

    My doctor is always on time and apologizes for even 5 minutes of a wait. Rare like hen's teeth, I know. My Toronto doc never apologised.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope for rhyming sake you waited an hour and not in reality! I once sent my Dr. a bill for the time I lost at work waiting 40 minutes for him to find the room I was in. It was never paid but he made more of an effort after that ;)

    ReplyDelete